First 5 California's 2015 Children's State Policy Agenda
The Commission adopted the 2015 Children’s State Policy Agenda, in order to focus our state legislative advocacy efforts on state policy best aligned to our strategic plan, as well as the historical strengths and investments of First 5 California.
- 2015 Children’s State Policy Agenda
- 2015-16 State Budget Positions
- Early Learning and Care Budget Letter
- Board of Equalization Budget Letter
- May Revise Early Childhood Education Coalition Budget Letter
- 2015-16 Legislative Bills of Interest
Proposition 10 – The California Children and Families Act
First 5 California, established through a voter approved initiative in 1998 known as the California Children and Families Act (Proposition 10), oversees the expenditure of tobacco tax revenues to support, promote, and optimize early childhood development through coordinated programs that emphasize child health, parent education, child care, and other services and programs for children prenatal through age 5. First 5 California's overarching goal is to improve the lives of young children and their families to ensure California's children receive the best possible start in life and thrive.